Saturday, November 19, 2011

Taste the best of Persia at Al Fakhr's



 In a country where food preparation is taken seriously and is a labor of love, Al Fakhr's is the best place to go for that Persian cuisine experience. A whole new exciting food trip for me, it was like taking a trip to the place itself.

Good thing it's close to UP Diliman (located at Maginhawa St., UP Village), so I decided to invite my best friend Gemma to try Al Fakhr's famed Persian food after classes.

The place was quite small but has that simple yet unique ambience, with the walls painted with black and white drawings that was truly a sight to see.


We first started with the hummus, Levantine Arab food dip made from cooked mashed chickpeas in selected spices topped with olive oil and sesame seeds. It was my first time to try the hummus and I was surprised at its strong smoky flavor with that distinct grainy texture brought by the chickpeas and sesame.

My friend ordered the Grilled Persian Chicken (P100) and mango shake (P45) and was surprised at how big the chicken breast was, made very flavorful and very persian with its signature curry, herbs and spices. Grilled to perfection,not too much on the spiciness of the curry and a little sour made it an authentic Persian dish.

I tried their Beef Kebab (P70) made from their special ground beef and it was a dream come true for me because my mouth used to water whenever I watched the TLC shows about kebabs and was dying to try one.The beef kebab had that unique flavor with the spices fusing all together in my mouth with every bite. The grilled Persian chicken and beef kebab were made even more perfect with the grilled tomato and buttered rice, which was a new experience for me as I realized butter could really go well with rice. 

Their mango shake was one of a kind and truly satisfied my craving for mangoes that also refreshed me on such a crazy hot weather.

Take a trip to Persia at Al Fakhr's and experience their other Persian bestsellers at very affordable prices like the ox brain, beef and chicken kebab, falafel and shawarma.

Thank you very much to Ms. Annesy Del Mundo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...