Sunday, April 10, 2011

Pixar movies revisited! After 25 years!






Talking cars and talking toys. Misunderstood creatures and their extraodinary adventures. Good monsters and charming robots. Simply Pixar.


All through the years, Pixar movies--and even its amusing short stories--never failed to bring out the simple but powerful message for kids and kids at heart: that every nonliving thing has a life of its own as well. From toys to cars to bugs and rats, Pixar uniquely infused to each one's journey the most important lessons in life we've all forgotten by now.
Pixar movies have always brought me back childhood memories when my siblings and I used to watch A Bug's Life in betamax, when I used to collect dozens of Barbie dolls and stuffed toys and diligently gave each one a name, and when I used to hide under the blanket thinking monsters would emerge from my closet any minute now.


But most of all, they all taught me how to appreciate everything around me. Woody made me believe--even at my age--that somehow, toys really do talk, and beg with their moving eyes when I'm about to keep them in the attic. Remy (Ratatouille) and  Mr. Fredricksen (Up) taught me that dreams are never far from coming true when you pursue and believe.


Lightning McQueen (Cars I and II) and Mike Wazowski (Monsters Inc.) proved to me bad guys can change and can be changed. Wall-E convinced me this hopeless world can still stand a chance. And Nemo (Finding Nemo) taught me well why I should always obey my parents, because at my age, I'm still no Superman to make the decisions on my own.


25 years of pure creativity and meaning. 25 years of pure entertainment. 25 years of pure imagination. As a personal tribute to my childhood movies, I'll post reviews to all Pixar movies and short stories in the next days.


Thank you ,Pixar, for making my childhood memories a magical one!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...