Thursday, May 06, 2010

5 reasons why Ironman drives me crazy

 
I know, I still haven't watched Ironman 2, and am not in the position to praise or criticize Jon Favreau's second Ironman movie whatsoever. But I'm still a fan (an ardent patriot indeed), and I promise I'll post my review after I catch up in the theaters this Saturday.
 I'll begin with the top 5 reasons why I am desperately saving money to watch Ironman 2, or why I am plain neurotic about the movie for that matter:
 1. Robert Downey Jr. himself. The movie's not just about Ironman as it is, but on how Robert Downey carried the "soul" of the film because of who he is as a marvelous actor. He was able to perfectly cart the portrayal of Ironman in such a hilarious and outrageously witty angle, that made the movie even comedy in the bigger approach than it is being a Marvel action.

And yet, he once said in his personal quotes: "I know very little about acting. I'm just an incredibly gifted faker."
 2. Justin Theroux's genuine script. He is just the perfect match in creating Ironman's screenplay (he also did in Downey's "Tropic Thunder"), as he flawlessly glued the art of the humorous language with the cast's stunning charisma and their natural expertise in acting.
 3. The impact of the "legacy" theme. After all, it is eveyone's superhero movie (with, of course, the tick of being a comedy film as well). Ironman carried the notion of not just being a hero, but also left a humane legacy that unfolded a greater purpose of being more than just the lifesaver of the day.
 4. The cast chemistry. I have watched the first Ironman almost a thousand times already, and aside from Ironman's interminable comedic style I would never cease to laugh at, I never got tired at everyone's "high-definition" performances (unlike other movies where the protagonist is only th highlight). Thanks to the awesome casting directors Sarah Finn and Randi Hiller, they were able to draw the perfect cast chemistry of Ironman that made the film even more surprising than ever.
 5. The breathtaking (and sometimes already unbelievable) technology. Who would not fall off their seats with Ironman's astounding machinery? "From a box of scraps" in the first movie, we already got our minds blown off by Tony Stark's ardent scientific know-how's in technology.
 And I also remembered my biology teacher who made us watch some parts of Ironman 1 for the first time, where Tony was experimenting with his flying theories (remember the flight stabilizer?). The movie did not only portray science and technology itself, but also the basic values of the scientifc attitudes.
I know I'm already outdated, but one thing remains as it is: I would never get tired of Ironman, as every other fan would not (and it's the reason why I'm saving money!). Hail Tony Stark!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...