Saturday, August 23, 2014

Revisiting Sonnets by Brine Ayun

A box of origami roses, a notepad, and a sonnet. I told my best friend Brine that we should marry and he laughed it off by saying "Baka magunaw muna mundo."



No need for a Definition
Brine Austin Ayun

A lot of people would ask
The question "What is love?"
Answering they tell is a task
Others tell, a gift from above

The dictionary would say affection
Either right or an errand
For there is no concrete definition
Something that reason cannot understand

But I tell you, whoever you may be 
I do not offer what I have in mind
Also I cannot define It properly
But to share something would be very kind

To place your happiness to other people
Sacrifice I think is the word
One would think it is very simple
But one cannot easily afford

It is still up to you to define
This wonderful clandestine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...