Sunday, August 31, 2014

Tramway Lunch with Family

I remembered in high school when my Journalism mentor Ms. Josephine Bonsol accompanied us to Tramway Garden Buffet in Timog Ave., Quezon City. It was my first time eating in a buffet and she prepped us on what to do once the hunger games start: 1) eat only little amounts per dish so you can taste every thing and 2) No drinks, no water so that you would not be full easily. I tried on the tomato pasta and just like a deliquent student who never listens to her teacher, I grabbed the big spoon and started putting large amounts of pasta into my plate, and my mentor went, "Sabing konti lang eh, sige sasaksakin kita diyan. Kumuha ka ng gulay." In the end I was able to eat most of the food but was not able to enjoy all of them because my mentor kept feeding me ghory vegebables and fish dishes.

This time my family went back to Tramway to celebrate the upcoming birthdays of my eldest sister Ate Nadine and our youngest Norman "Jigs" on September 3 and 9 respectively. As we walked to the restaurant I couldn't help but reminisce how the Journalism Club went and gobbled all the food that we wanted and I remembered how one of my classmates kept on teasing the waitresses to release their famous buko pandan. 


I have already learned how to eat in the buffet and I was able to eat every type of dish in the menu including the starters and the dessert without being too full.


 My eldest sister kept on grabbing the crunchy and tasty buchi while my youngest brother hoarded five big pieces of fresh maki and sushi in the counter. Jillian, my twin sister on the other hand had her own second serving of pansit. I loved the pichi pichi the most in the dessert and their signature crab and vegetable stew and tofu dish. 

Fried dumplings

Fish dish

Tofu dish

Sweet and sour pork
Tramway opens at 11am to 1pm for reservations and 1pm- 3pm for the second batch of reservations. Dinner starts at 6pm-8pm and 8pm to 10pm. Reservations can be made through their contact details. Adult buffet is P228 while Kids buffet ranges to P155 per head.


Steamed Siomai

tomatoes

boiled eggs

My minimalist dish

Maki and Sushi

The divine buko pandan

Specialty puto

Variety of breads

Pichi-pichi and maja

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...