Monday, October 03, 2011

Santa's coming to town with Figaro's Christmas Pastries!


Ready your socks and watch out for your mom and dad's Santa Clause costumes! The countdown is on and Christmas is even made more special with Figaro's new Christmas Pastries!

I was surprised at myself not even realizing (for the first time) that the -Ber months were already dominating the year, with the tons of school work and deadlines that's driving me crazy as usual. I got my sweet break when I attended Figaro's launching of its Christmas Pastries at Edsa Shangri-la Mall with bloggers last Wednesday and I was truly thankful because it brought me back the good old days when my siblings and I would always watch out under the Christmas tree if we received any sweets from the ever-mysterious Santa Claus.

I was overwhelmed at the sight of Figaro's elegant Red Velvet Cake, and it tasted like heaven with its moist chocolate and rich creamy frosting, plus a hidden layer of caramel and showered with nuts on the side.


The Figaro Fruit Cake made me remember my mom's own fruit cake with its generous heap of fruits and nuts on the  inside and outside. To complete that Yuletide color, the chocolate-based cake is laced with alcohol (brandy) covered with white chocolate royal icing and glazed fruit bits.

I got the mint fever with the Peppermint Brownie glazed with oozing white chocolate and peppered with candy confetti sprinkles. This chewy, fudgy and refreshing mint flavored brownie will definitely make you feel the chill air of the Yuletide season.

I'll always be the kid with the sweet tooth, as I especially loved the Butterscotch Bar, with the brownie caramelized to perfection, coated with rich chocolate and topped with yummy nuts.

It was actually my first time to taste a Gingerbread Cookie, and I mused at my childhood memories of my mom telling us the fairy tale story over and over again. Figaro's Gingerbread cookie is made of soft dough, butter and sugar. There was definitely a tang of ginger with its special royal icing and colorful candy confetti sprinkles.

Christmas is definitely in the chill air with Figaro's sweet Christmas Tree Cookie glazed with special royal icing and showered with candy confetti sprinkles.

The Pistachio Biscotti was new to me and I loved munching on the crisp and crunchy double baked cookie dipped in sweet white chocolate on both ends and sprinkled with green pistachio. I also enjoyed dipping it to Figaro's hot brewed coffee that definitely relieved me from all the stress on such a rainy season.

Make your holidays more special with that Christmas spirit with Figaro's new Christmas Pastries! You can visit their website at www.figarocoffee.com

Thank you very much to Ms. Annesy Del Mundo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...