Wednesday, January 05, 2011

When the past is buried in chocolate chips and mallows



I never wished to bring dead memories back to life.


Apparently, Goldilocks brought me back to both bitter and sweet memories with its  DOUBLE DUTCH ROLL. My ever-audacious sister Ate Nadine surprised us with another mouth-watering treat the day after I practically woke the rest of the household that midnight, when I saw our names on the online list of UPCAT passers (also my twin sister Jillian).


Ate Nadine even thought we were visited by robbers and akyat-bahay gangs because of my rare wild screams.


As I munched on the chocolate chips and the equally choco-coated marshmallows hidden at the core of the delectable sponge cake, I bitterly remembered how my crush back in Grade 6 used to give me packs of chocolate Kisses. Reminiscing all those tangible things he gave me made me ponder how stupid and naïve I was back then.


Surviving my high school days with "Flawless Unity" at the current decade, I've learned to be objective and indifferent enough with customary high school tensions namely peer pressure, puppy love and suicidal depression. I've also been taught by Ms. Josephine Bonsol to stop being like everybody else, and instead look for the things unseen and the questions neglected by many.


Until then, I'm looking forward to taste another of Goldilocks' sweet cake creations in the coming days, and without much social stress after finally being emancipated from high school politics and anxieties and zombie-like routines.
http://www.goldilocks.com.ph/products/bakeshop/cake-rolls/37/page/2


Check out www.goldilocks.com.ph for more heavenly and delightful cakes we certainly all have a memory with.


You can also register to keep updates with the latest of Goldilocks' innovations at http://www.goldilocks.com.ph/join

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...